Who is Holy Spirit? How do we relate to him?
These are live sessions (not blog topics), over the next six Monday evenings:
- Encountering Holy Spirit: Holy Spirit is a person. So how do we encounter him?
- Jesus and Holy Spirit: Jesus promised Holy Spirit to his followers (John 14 – 16). His first act after becoming king (his ascension) was to pour out Holy Spirit on his subjects (Acts 1 – 2).
- Life with Holy Spirit: no longer are we stuck with our broken life (flesh); Holy Spirit gives us a fruitful life (Galatians 5; Romans 8).
- Holy Spirit’s gifts: Holy Spirit builds us together into Jesus-in-the-world, gifting us to love powerfully in practical ways (1 Corinthians 12 – 14, over two weeks).
- Living in union with Holy Spirit: by observing how the persons of the trinity honour each other, we learn to join God’s dance.
When? 7–9 pm, Mondays 25 July – 29 August 2016.
Where? Riverview Church, 1 Thorogood Street Burswood, Western Australia.
Free, but please register for Foundations 203, “Holy Spirit and You.”
If you can’t attend, a podcast and notes will be available each week.